TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Information Collection and Use
- Third Party Sharing and Disclosures
- Children’s Privacy
- Managing Your Personal Information
- California Privacy Rights
- Opt-Out Procedure
- Disclosures Specific to Our Service/Platform
- Changes to this Policy
1. Information Collection and Use (Notice and Data Integrity)
- Information Collected on the Website: We may collect the following personal information from you: name, email address, phone number when you send requests on the website. We may also collect physical address when you sign up for our affiliate membership and demographic information such as gender, veteran status, disability status when you send job applications through the website.
- Information Collected Upon Registration: When you create or reconfigure a Websitetoon account, you provide some personal information, such as your name, username, password, email address, and authentication to 3rd party platforms like Twitter and Google Reader. Some of this information, for example, your name and username, will appear publicly on our Services when you share content on another site, such as Facebook or Twitter, including on your profile page and in search results. Some Services, such as search, public user profiles and viewing lists, do not require registration (during the alpha phase they do).
- Additional Information: You may provide us with additional information to make public, such as a short biography or a picture. You may customize your account with information such as a cell phone number for the delivery of SMS messages or your address book so that we can help you find Websitetoon users you know. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Services or to market to you. You may unsubscribe from these messages by following the instructions contained within the messages or the instructions on our website. If you email us, we may keep your message, email address and contact information to respond to your request. Providing the additional information described in this section is entirely optional.
- Posts, Following, Sources and other Public Information: Our Services are primarily designed to help you share information with the world. Most of the information you provide to us is information you are asking us to make public. This includes not only the posts you create and the metadata provided with these posts, such as when you posted, the people you follow, the sources you have in our system, and many other bits of information. When you share information on a third-party site, the privacy settings you set through that site will remain unless you change them. The fact that you shared information on a third-party site will be publicly viewable. Our default is almost always to make the information you provide public, but we generally give you settings to make the information more private if you want. Keep in mind that if your privacy settings on a third-party site are set to public, then your public information is broadly and instantly disseminated. For example, your public posts are searchable by many search engines and are immediately delivered via our APIs to a wide range of users and services. You should be careful about all information that will be made public by Websitetoon, not just your posts.
- Log Data: Our servers automatically record information (“Log Data”) created by your use of the Services. Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type, the referring domain, pages visited, and search terms. Other actions, such as interactions with advertisements, may also be included in Log Data.
- Links: Websitetoon may keep track of how you interact with links in posts across our Services including third party sites by redirecting clicks or through other means. We do this to help improve our Services, including advertising, and to be able to share aggregate click statistics such as how many times a particular link was clicked on.
- Cookies: Like many websites, we and our partners use “cookie” technology to collect additional website usage data (such as cookies or similar technologies) to improve our Services, but we do not require cookies for many parts of our Services such as searching and looking at public user profiles or lists. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your computer’s hard disk. Websitetoon may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with our Services, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on our Services, and to improve our Services. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit.
- Third Party Services: Websitetoon uses a variety of services hosted by third parties to help provide our Services, such as hosting our various blogs and wikis, and to help us understand the use of our Services, such as Google Analytics. These services may collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, such as cookies or your IP request.
2. Third Party Sharing and Disclosures
- Your Consent: We may share or disclose your information with your consent, such as when you use a third-party web client to access your Websitetoon account.
- Lawfulness and Harm: In certain situations, Websitetoon may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may disclose your information if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect Websitetoon’s rights or property.
- Non-Private or Non-Personal Information: We may share or disclose your non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information, such as your public posts or the number of users who clicked on a particular link (even if only one did). We may share your information with third-party business partners, for instance, for the purpose of enhancing our products and services or so that they can market their products or services to you. If you do not want us to share your personal information with these companies, contact us at email@example.com.
3. Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not directed to people under 13. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
4. Managing Your Personal Information
- Access: Upon request Websitetoon will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. To request this information please contact us at email@example.com.
- Rectification and Deletion: If you are a registered user of our Services, we provide you with tools to access or modify the personal information you provided to us and associated with your account. You may also access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by contacting us (a) through the Support Center (if you are a registered user), or (b) firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to these requests within a reasonable timeframe.
- Data Retention: We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
5. Opt-Out Policy (Choice)
- Marketing and other emails: If at any time after registering for the site, signing up for any of our marketing emails or otherwise choosing to receive information from us, you change your mind then please send us a request specifying your new choice. To opt out of marketing or promotional emails, please either click unsubscribe in the body of the email communication or email us at email@example.com.
You may also write to us at:
5045 Orbitor Dr. Building 7,
Each of our employees is aware of our security policies, and your information is only available to those employees who need it to perform their jobs. We have also implemented security measures to protect user information from loss, misuse and alteration. We use industry-standard practices such as encryption in transit, firewalls and password protection systems to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or other electronic method, is 100% secure. Therefore, although Websitetoon strives to use commercially reasonable measures to protect your personal information, Websitetoon cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. Disclosures Specific to Our Service/Platform
- An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct the query to the Websitetoon’s Client (the Data Controller). If the Client requests Websitetoon to remove the data, we will respond to their request within 30 days.
- We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as needed to provide services to our Client. We will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
9. Changes to this Policy
10. Questions or Feedback
5045 Orbitor Dr. Building 7,